The latest market research publication by GlobalData Plc titled Regenerative Medicine in Pharma Market Size, Share and Trends Analysis by Region, Product, Therapeutic Area, and Segment Forecast, 2022-2027 has been added to the report store. The report predicts that regenerative medicine in the pharma market size valued at USD 29.14 billion in 2021. The key to the regenerative medicine market growth in pharma has been the growing prevalence of chronic diseases, genetic disorders, and cancer and technological advancements in stem-cell therapies. Furthermore, another key driving factor influencing the market growth positively is the increase in investments by key players in the R&D of regenerative medicine.
Read our Sample PDF Report for market dynamics
The regenerative medicine in pharma market growth is also expected to witness positive growth due to market trends including constant innovation in cell engineering techniques, fast-track approvals, and the development of multiple drugs in the last stages of the pipeline. In addition, increasing the application of gene therapy will also promote regenerative medicine in the pharma market growth during the projected period. However, regenerative medicine in the pharma market might witness some challenges associated with gene therapy, limitations from cell therapy, and restrictions associated with tissue-engineered products and biomaterials. The report covers the trends impacting regenerative medicine in the pharma market for the next 12 to 24 months. It also provides an extensive study on Porter’s Five Forces Analysis during the forecast period.
Download the Sample PDF to know more about each trend in detail
Regenerative Medicine in Pharma Market Segment Highlights
- Tissue-engineered products: The tissue-engineered product segment captured a sizeable regenerative medicine in pharma market share exceeding 31% worldwide. The market in focus growth is largely attributed to the growing prevalence of chronic diseases and increased investment by key players in R&D of the regenerative medicines.
- Gene Therapies
- Cell Therapies
By Therapeutic Area
- Oncology: The oncology therapeutic area segment held the largest regenerative medicine in pharma market revenue in 2021. The rising burden of cancer has increased the demand for more safe and more effective treatment therapies, thus providing ample opportunities for regenerative medicines in the oncology space. Oncology accounted for most of the market share in the therapy area, as leading players in the market are more focused on this space and are involved in continuous approvals and launches of novel products.
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Immunology and Inflammation
- North America: North America accounted for the largest share of the total regenerative medicine in pharma opportunity in 2021. The increased emphasis on creating treatments for rare genetic disorders, notably in the US, is one of the major drivers boosting the growth of the North American regenerative medicine industry.
For additional segment-wise insights and regional opportunities, Request a Sample PDF Report Copy
Regenerative Medicine in Pharma Market Vendor Landscape
The regenerative medicine in the pharma market is expected to witness competition from leading players and emerging startups eagerly engaged in launching new products and solutions for strengthening their market positions. Competition among players is complex, as these companies compete for market share for regenerative medicine in pharma. There are several other players developing novel products for several indications, which are expected to accelerate market growth during the forecast period.
Top regenerative medicine in pharma market players
- Novartis AG: The company offers generic medicines and biosimilars through Sandoz. Novartis conducts research in various disease areas through The Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). The company’s key products include Kymriah and Zolgensma. In May 2022, the U.S. FDA granted accelerated approval to Kymriah for the treatment of adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma after two or more lines of systemic therapy.
- Gilead: Gilead Sciences Inc (Gilead) is a research-based biopharmaceutical company. It is engaged in the discovery, development, and commercialization of medicines for the treatment of cardiovascular, hematological, and respiratory diseases, inflammation, liver diseases, cancer, and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. The company classifies its products into seven categories: HIV, Veklury, HCV, HBV, cell therapy, Trodelvy, and others. Their key products include Tecartus and Yescarta.
- Amgen: Amgen Inc (Amgen) is a biotechnology company, which discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative human medicines to treat patients suffering from serious diseases. Amgen offers human medicines in six areas: cardiovascular disease, cancer, bone health, neuroscience, nephrology, and inflammation.
Other Key Players Covered in this Report are:
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- Blue Bird Bio
- Johnson & Johnson
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc
- PTC Therapeutics
- Orchard Therapeutics
- Vericel Corporation
- GC Pharma
- Astellas Pharma
- Jw Therapeutics
- Abeona Therapeutics
Download Sample PDF for Vendor-specific Offerings and their Strategic Initiatives
GlobalData is a leading data, analytics, and insights provider in the world’s largest industries. As a leading information services company, thousands of clients rely on GlobalData for trusted, timely, and actionable intelligence. Our mission is to help our clientele ranging from professionals within corporations, financial institutions, professional services, and government agencies to decode the future and profit from faster, more informed decisions. Continuously enriching 50+ terabytes of unique data and leveraging the collective expertise of over 2,000 in-house industry analysts, data scientists, and journalists, as well as a global community of industry professionals, we aim to provide decision-makers with timely, actionable insights.
Reportedtimes, Financial Content, iCN Internal Distribution, Extended Distribution, Research Newswire, English