HONG KONG, March 8, 2023 – LexisNexis Legal & Professional®, a leading global provider of legal research and analytics, is pleased to announce the winners of its inaugural WOMEN TO WATCH. The legal community from across Asia gathered to celebrate the outstanding achievements of the exceptional female legal professionals at the WOMEN TO WATCH awards ceremony which took place on 8 March 2023, during International Women’s Day.
The entry period for LexisNexis’s WOMEN TO WATCH awards opened in November 2022 for female legal professionals from across Asia. A judging panel of 15 top-tier legal experts reviewed each nomination and selected the final 11 winners. The judges included senior legal leaders at world-class brands such as McKinsey & Company, Swiss Re, Haynes Boone, Pernod Ricard, United Breweries Limited, and others, based in Japan, South Korea, mainland China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, and India.
LexisNexis® WOMEN TO WATCH 2023 Awards Recipients:
- Ms. Chloe Leung, Partner, Zhong Lun Law Firm LLP
- Ms. Choi Fong Willa Chan, The Founding Principal, Willa Legal
- Ms. Doris Chen, Senior Legal Director, Head of Legal APAC & India, Firmenich
- Ms. Guan Wang, Partner, Jingtian & Gongcheng Law Firm
- Ms. Ishani Chandra, Managing Partner, Sagar Chandra & Associates
- Ms. Katy Lau, Head of Legal & Compliance, Tencent (TPP Investments)
- Ms. Meihua Liang, Senior Partner, JT&N Guangzhou Office
- Ms. Nicole Wong, Associate, Hill Dickinson Hong Kong
- Ms. Stephanie Siu, Director of Strategic Development and Legal Counsel, APAC, eBrevia
- Ms. Tsui Chi Gigi Chung, Senior Solicitor, Intellectual Property Department, the Government of Hong Kong SAR
- Ms. Yanling Ren, Executive Partner, Tian Yuan Law Firm
To view the profiles of the winners, please visit here: https://www.lexisnexis.com.hk/womentowatch
Julianne Doe, President of the Hong Kong Federation of Women Lawyers and Senior Consultant at Dentons, was one of the prestigious judges shared her views on female leadership in law at the awards ceremony. She encouraged female lawyers not to be afraid of taking risks and to take risks earlier. “Set your own table,” she said, “Find the value that you can offer and maximise it. Give it all you’ve got and excel at it so that you set the story.” Angel Young, LexisNexis’s Managing Director, added that “I hope we can all reflect upon the theme #EmbraceEquity and see what each of us can do in promoting equity in the legal sector.”
The LexisNexis® WOMEN TO WATCH 2023 awards recognise the achievements of women in law who are making a significant impact in the industry and who are paving the way for future generations of female lawyers. LexisNexis is proud to support and recognise these remarkable women’s exceptional contributions to the legal profession.
The nomination period for the LexisNexis® WOMEN TO WATCH 2024 will begin in late 2023. For more information, please visit the LexisNexis® WOMEN TO WATCH website (https://www.lexisnexis.com.hk/womentowatch) or contact [email protected].
About LexisNexis Legal & Professional
LexisNexis Legal & Professional® provides legal, regulatory, and business information and analytics that help customers increase their productivity, improve decision-making, achieve better outcomes, and advance the rule of law around the world. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. LexisNexis Legal & Professional, which serves customers in more than 150 countries with 11,300 employees worldwide, is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional
+852 2965 1432