Rising precision farming techniques are demanding treated seeds and seed treatment products as they enhance seed germination in the rainy season.
BIS Research, the global leader in providing market intelligence on deep technologies, has released its latest study titled Seed Treatment Market – A Global and Regional Analysis.
According to this study, the market size of the global seed treatment market was valued at $7.92 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach $13.58 billion by 2027.
The following factors are responsible for the increase in demand for seed treatment:
- Increased usage of commercial seeds
- Growing demand for coated organic seeds
- Reduced risk of exceeding MRLs
- Increasing safety concerns and global governments’ role in achieving the sustainability goal
- Increasing demand for organic food products among consumers
The detailed study is a compilation of 166 market data tables and 37 figures spread through 255 pages.
Check out the detailed table of content here:
Analyst’s Take on the Market Projection
According to Debraj Chakraborty, Principal Analyst, BIS Research, “The seed treatment market has huge potential in near future. The growing seed-borne and soil-borne diseases create a lucrative business opportunity for seed treatment manufacturers. Simultaneously farmers’ acceptance of seed treatment procedures and the rise in demand for treated seeds further drive the seed treatment market during the forecast period. The supporting government policies for treated seeds in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Argentina, and Brazil, India are further boosting the seed treatment market.”
Request a FREE sample of this report here:
Existing Competitive Landscape
The companies that are profiled have been selected based on input gathered from primary experts and analyzing company coverage, product portfolio, and market penetration. Some of the established names in the market are
- BASF SE
- Bayer AG
- Croda International Plc
- Eastman Chemical Company
- FMC Corporation
- Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Inari Agriculture Inc
- Ad Terram
Recent Developments in the Global Seed Treatment Market
- In April 2022, BASF SE opened a new center for sustainable agriculture in North America. This center is expected to increase its biological seed treatment product portfolio in North America. Due to this, the company creates awareness among the farmers and increases its biological seed treatment sales in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
- In May 2022, Bayer Vietnam launched Routine Start 280FS, a seed germination product for rice seeds. The growing rice seed-borne diseases and increasing rice cultivation create a demand for rice seed treatment products in Vietnam. Thus, Bayer Vietnam strategically launched a seed treatment product for rice crop in Vietnam.
- In February 2022, Croda International Plc partnered with Xampla, to create biodegradable and microplastic-free seed coatings technology. Due to this partnership, the company focuses on research and development activities and intends to pioneer in biodegradable and microplastic-free seed coatings technology in the global seed treatment market.
- In May 2022, Corteva Agriscience established its Centre for Seed Applied Technologies (CSAT) laboratory in Rosslyn. This helps Corteva Agriscience to increase its seed treatment business in Africa and Middle East countries.
- In May 2022, Syngenta launched the VICTRATO seed treatment product. This product protects soybeans, corn, cereals, cotton, and rice seeds from soil-borne fungal diseases.
Demand for Seed Coating Technique to Continue Leading the Seed Treatment Market
Based on seed size, shape, and weight the seed application techniques are distinguished into three different segments, seed coating, seed dressing, and seed pelleting.
On an industrial scale, the seed coating application technique is a majorly preferable technique globally and, thus, is projected to be the leading application technique during the forecast period.
On the other hand, the seed pelleting application technique is specifically used for horticultural seeds and small-size seeds. Due to seed pelleting, the shape and weight of the seed increase and help in seed placement during the sowing procedure.
The seed coating segment is expected to grow with a CAGR of 10.30% during the forecast period of 2022-2027. This growth in the seed coating segment is expected to be driven by a rise in demand for seed coating at the industrial level.
Want to learn more about the latest trends in the agriculture industry? Speak to our analysts
Exclusive DeepTech™ MAP Analysis for Agriculture by BIS Research:
About BIS Research:
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on deep technology and related emerging trends which can disrupt the market dynamics in the near future. We publish more than 200 market intelligence studies annually that focus on several deep technology verticals.
Our strategic market analysis emphasizes on market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.
BIS Research offers syndicate as well as custom studies and expert consultations to firms, providing them with specific and actionable insights on novel technology markets, business models, and competitive landscapes.
Email: [email protected]
BIS Research Inc.
39111 PASEO PADRE PKWY STE 313,
FREMONT CA 94538-1686
Visit our Blog @ https://bisresearch.com/news
Get Expert Insights @ https://community.insightmonk.com
Connect with us on LinkedIn @ https://www.linkedin.com/company/bis-research