McLean, VA – December 19, 2022 – The Board of Directors of BBB National Programs, an independent non-profit organization that operates more than a dozen independent industry self-regulation, accountability, and dispute resolution programs, today announced a new Board Chair and the re-election of three other members for the 2022-2025 term.
David Hubbard, Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Verizon steps into the role of Board Chair, replacing Ken Patel, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer and Chief Patent Counsel, The Procter & Gamble Company, who will continue his service on the Board. Mary Sophos, Former EVP for Policy & Strategic Planning, Grocery Manufacturers Association, will continue her role as Board Vice Chair.
The three re-elected Board members are:
- Luis-Xavier Hernandez, Group General Counsel, Beauty & Wellbeing, Unilever
- Maureen Ohlhausen, Partner, Baker Botts, Former Acting FTC Chair and FTC Commissioner
- Michele Totonis, Director, Legal Affairs, LEGO
“I am thankful to Ken Patel for his outstanding service as our Board chair over the past three years, during which time his strategy, support, and advice have been invaluable,” said Eric D. Reicin, President and CEO, BBB National Programs. “I am also excited about the enhanced role for incoming Board Chair David Hubbard, a proven champion for industry self-regulation.”
BBB National Programs Board members support and inform the nonprofit’s mission to be the place where businesses go to enhance consumer trust and where consumers are heard. Board members are also instrumental in increasing awareness and expanding the reach of the organization’s independent industry self-regulation programs.
Following is a full list of members of the BBB National Programs Board of Directors:
- David Hubbard (Board Chair), Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Verizon
- Mary Sophos (Board Vice Chair), Former EVP for Policy & Strategic Planning, Grocery Manufacturers Association
- David Cohen, CEO, Interactive Advertising Bureau
- Luis Xavier Hernandez, Group General Counsel, Beauty and Wellbeing, Unilever
- Jocelyn Hunter, Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Home Depot
- Marla Kaplowitz, President and CEO, 4A’s
- Joel Katz, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Elaine Kolish, Former VP & Director, Children’s Food and Beverage Advertising Initiative, and Principal, Elaine Kolish Consulting LLC
- Bob Liodice, CEO, Association of National Advertisers
- Carla Michelotti, Former EVP and Chief Legal, Government and Corporate Affairs Officer, Leo Burnett Worldwide, and President, Carla Michelotti LLC
- Maureen Ohlhausen, Partner, Baker Botts; Former Acting FTC Chair and FTC Commissioner
- Ken Patel, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer and Chief Patent Counsel, The Procter & Gamble Company
- Brent Sanders, Associate General Counsel, Microsoft
- Michele Totonis, Director Legal Affairs, LEGO
- Barbara Wall, Former Chief Legal Officer, Interim Chief Operating Officer and current Board Member, Gannett Co., Inc.
- Eric D. Reicin (ex officio), President and CEO, BBB National Programs
For more information, visit our website.
About BBB National Programs: BBB National Programs is where businesses turn to enhance consumer trust and consumers are heard. The non-profit organization creates a fairer playing field for businesses and a better experience for consumers through the development and delivery of effective third-party accountability and dispute resolution programs. BBB National Programs oversees more than a dozen leading national industry self-regulation programs and continues to evolve its work and grow its impact by providing business guidance and fostering best practices in arenas such as advertising, child-directed marketing, dispute resolution, automobile warranty, privacy, and emerging areas. To learn more, visit bbbprograms.org.
Abby Hills Director of Communications BBB National Programs 703.247.9330 / [email protected]
CE, Go Media, Nexis Newswire, PR-Wirein, IPS, Reportedtimes, Google News, Financial Content, Extended Distribution, iCN Internal Distribution, English