The anticoagulant reversal drugs market is likely to reach a valuation of US$ 1,137.35 Million in 2022. Furthermore, across the 2022-2032 period of assessment, growth is expected to accelerate at a whopping 15.0% CAGR, reaching US$ 4,601.22 Million. Bleeding disorders can happen as a result of some medications, such as blood thinners, which includes warfarin, heparin, and aspirin. The high risk of bleeding varies with the anticoagulant agent used. According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) data, the occurrence of bleeding for patients taking warfarin has been projected at 15-20% each year.
Life-threatening bleeding because of warfarin has been projected at a rate of 1-3% per year. Thus, increase in demand for anticoagulant therapies is further creating potential opportunities for reversal agents for anticoagulants. Increasing demand for anticoagulant reversal drugs in case of uncontrolled bleeding is expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
Download Sample Copy of This Report –
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), people over the age of 65 are the fastest demographic segment in the world. Between 2000 and 2050, the proportion of the world’s population over the age of 60 is expected to double, increasing from about 11% to 22%. As per the reports of CDC, approximately 2% of people below 65 years of age have atrial fibrillation, while 9% of people who are above 65 years of age have the disease. It is also estimated that almost 12.1 million people will develop atrial fibrillation by 2030. As a result, the growing elderly population is driving the global anticoagulant reversal drugs market growth during the forecast period.
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- According to Fact.MR, a CAGR of 7% was recorded for the Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs market from 2017-2022
- In FY 2023, the Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs market reached a valuation of US$ 1,137.35 Million
- The market is likely to register a Y-o-Y growth rate of 13.0% in 2023
- By Product, the Idarucizumab Segment is expected to dominate the market, documenting a 14.3% value CAGR
- As per Fact.MR’s projections, the market for Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs in North America will likely expand at a 8% CAGR
- The Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at an 17% CAGR
Get Customization on this Report for Specific Research Solutions –
Prominent players in the Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Industry are taking advantage of the rapidly increasing demand for the Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs in various applications. To further their outreach, players are relying on collaborations, partnerships and acquisitions with existing small, medium and large-scale players. Some prominent market developments are as follows:
- In October 2021, Alveron Pharma BV raised EUR 3.9 Mn to fund the continued development of OKL-1111, a first in class drug to treat anticoagulant-related bleeding.
- In July 2020, VarmX, a renowned biotech company, raised EUR 32 Mn in series B financing to develop an innovative reversal agent for the treatment and prevention of severe bleeding in patients on oral anticoagulants.
- In July 2020, Janssen Research and Development LLC began the Phase 1 clinical trial for the evaluation of the reversal of the anticoagulation effect of the drug JNJ-70033093 by 4-Factor Prothrombin Complex Concentrate (4F-PCC) and Recombinant Human Factor VIIa.
- In July 2020, Portola Pharmaceuticals Inc. announced the establishment of a permanent J-code (J7169) by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for Andexxa, a recombinant coagulation factor Xa, that allows reimbursement in the hospital outpatient settings.
Prominent Service Players
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Fresenius Kabi AG
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- CSL Limited
- Octapharma AG
- Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Perosphere Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Key Segments Covered in the Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Industry Survey
- By Product :
- Prothrombin Complex Concentrates
- Vitamin K
- Tranexamic Acid
- By Distribution Channel :
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Get Free Access of Complete Report –
Global Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Market Analysis and Forecast by Region
- North America Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Market Size and Forecast, 2022-2032
- Germany Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Market Size and Forecast, 2022-2032
- UK Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Market Size and Forecast, 2022-2032
- France Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Market Size and Forecast, 2022-2032
- Spain Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Market Size and Forecast, 2022-2032
- Japan Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Market Size and Forecast, 2022-2032
- China Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Market Size and Forecast, 2022-2032
- Malaysia Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Market Size and Forecast, 2022-2032
- Thailand Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Market Size and Forecast, 2022-2032
- Australia Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Market Size and Forecast, 2022-2032
More Insights Available
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs market, presenting historical analysis from 2017 to 2022 and forecast statistics for the period of 2023-2033.
The study reveals essential insights on the basis of product (prothrombin complex concentrates, vitamin k, protamine, tranexamic acid, idarucizumab, andexxa, and others), by distribution channel (hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and others), across five major regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa).
Check out more related studies published by Fact.MR Research:
Depression Drugs Market Analysis By Drug Type (Generic Depression Drugs, Branded Depression Drugs), By Drug Class (Serotonin-norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors), By Disease (Major Depressive Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder), By Distribution Channel – Regional Forecast 2031
Medical Holography Market Analysis By Product (Holographic Display, Holography Microscope, Holographic Prints, Holography Software), By Application (Medical Imaging, Medical Education, Biomedical Research), By End-User, By Region – Global Forecast 2020-2026
Medical Dynamometer Market By Product (Squeeze Dynamometer, Pinch Gauge, Hand Dynamometer, Chest Dynamometer, Push-pull Dynamometer), By End-user, By Application, By Region – Global Mraket Forecast 2020-2030
Fact.MR is a market research and consulting agency with deep expertise in emerging market intelligence. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare, technology, chemical and materials, to even the most niche categories. We are committed to deliver insights that help businesses gain deeper understanding of their target markets. We understand that making sense of the vast labyrinth of data can be overwhelming for businesses. That’s why focus on offering insights that can actually make a difference to bottom-lines.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +1 (628) 251-158
+1 (628) 251-158
Financial Content, Reportedtimes, Extended Distribution, Research Newswire, English
+1 (628) 251-158