Nucleic acid extraction and isolation is the first stage in the area of molecular biology research, followed by recombinant procedures.
BIS Research, the global leader in providing market intelligence on deep technologies, has released its latest study titled Nucleic Acid Sample Preparation Market – A Global and Regional Analysis.
According to this study, the global nucleic acid sample preparation market was valued at $4.21 billion in 2022 and is projected to reach $11.2 billion by 2032.
The following factors are responsible for the increase in demand for nucleic acid sample preparation:
- Increasing use of nucleic acid molecules in various therapeutic areas
- Advancement in the nucleic acid extraction/isolation techniques
- Advantages of automated sample preparation workstations
- Increasing demand for downstream applications such as next-generation sequencing (NGS)
The detailed study is a compilation of 3 market data tables and 179 figures spread through 240 pages.
Check out the detailed table of content here:
Analyst’s Take on the Market Projection
According to Nitish Kumar, Principal Consultant, BIS Research, “Nucleic acid sample preparation includes consumables and systems that have been followed for past several years. Sample preparation is typically an important phase in the accurate analysis of nucleic acids. Nuclease protection is one of the most important aspects to consider while processing nucleic acid samples. Nucleic acid extraction and isolation is the first stage in the area of molecular biology research, followed by recombinant procedures. Enzymatic digestion, mechanical and chemical disruption, and other techniques are used to isolate nucleic acids. Purification, on the other hand, entails a mixture of precipitation, chromatography, centrifugation, electrophoresis, and separation. The nucleic acid technique accelerates sample processing by decreasing nucleic acid loss and boosting the experimental process’s efficiency and efficacy.”
Request a FREE sample of this report here:
Consumables to be the Most Dominating Product Segment in the Market
In 2021, the global nucleic acid sample preparation market (by product) was dominated by consumables, holding a 58.34% market share. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period 2022-2032, with the segment anticipated to hold a 60.83% share in 2032.
According to BIS Research, this high share of the consumables market in the nucleic acid sample preparation product segment is majorly attributed to the growing demand for assays and kits and increasing research activities related to DNA, RNA, and whole genome sequencing.
Major Existing Industry Leaders in the Nucleic Acid Sample Preparation Market
The companies that are profiled have been selected based on input gathered from primary experts and analyzing company coverage, product portfolio, and market penetration. Some of the established names in the market are:
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Aurora Biomed Inc.
- BGI Group (MGI Tech Co., Ltd.)
- BIONEER CORPORATION.
- Blue-Ray Biotech Corp.
- (Beckman Coulter, Inc.)
- Endress+Hauser Group Services AG (Analytik Jena GmbH)
- Eppendorf SE
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Illumina, Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- Norgen Biotek Corp.
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- Promega Corporation
- Sansure Biotech Inc.
- Tecan Trading AG
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Recent Developments in the Global Nucleic Acid Sample Preparation Market
- In November 2022, RevoluGen, a U.K.-based genomics company, announced that it had entered into an agreement with Tecan Trading AG, a pioneer and industry leader in laboratory automated processes, for the production and supply of Tecan’s 96-well filter plates for use in RevoluGen’s automated Fire Monkey High Molecular Weight (HMW)-DNA extraction kits.
- In August 2022, the introduction of the QIAseq Targeted DNA Pro Panels and the QIAseq UPXome RNA Library Kit, both of which have set new benchmarks in sample preparation for determining their nucleic acid sequences, allowed QIAGEN N.V. to announce the extension of its next-generation sequencing (NGS) portfolio. The time required for library preparation of DNA samples by researchers is cut in half to six hours due to the QIAseq Targeted DNA Pro Panels’ enhanced chemistry.
- In June 2022, Hamilton Company. and Bionano Genomics created a Long String VANTAGE, a brand-new DNA extraction automation product. Ultra-high molecular weight (UHMW) DNA can be extracted with the instrument and used for optical genome mapping (OGM). As a requirement for the sample preparation workflow at Bionano Genomics, high-quality and quantity UHMW DNA extraction is required.
- In June 2021, Agilent Technologies, Inc. launched the SureSelect Human All Exon V8. This new exome design offers thorough content and current coverage of protein-coding areas from RefSeq, CCDS, and GENCODE. Additionally, it includes exons that are challenging to capture and the TERT promoter, which is neglected by competing exomes. The new design offers content flexibility to satisfy the demands of customers in three options, i.e., standard exome sequencing (Exome v8), translational research (v8 UTR Plus), and clinical research sequencing (v8 Clinical Plus).
Want to learn more about the latest trends in precision medicine? Speak to our analysts
Exclusive DeepTech MAP™ Analysis for Healthcare by BIS Research:
About BIS Research:
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on deep technology and related emerging trends which can disrupt the market dynamics in the near future. We publish more than 200 market intelligence studies annually that focus on several deep technology verticals.
Our strategic market analysis emphasizes on market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.
BIS Research offers syndicate as well as custom studies and expert consultations to firms, providing them with specific and actionable insights on novel technology markets, business models, and competitive landscapes.
Head of Marketing
Email: [email protected]
BIS Research Inc.
39111 PASEO PADRE PKWY STE 313,
FREMONT CA 94538-1686
Visit our Blog @ https://bisresearch.com/news
Get Expert Insights @ https://community.insightmonk.com
Connect with us on LinkedIn @ https://www.linkedin.com/company/bis-research
Connect with us on Twitter@ https://twitter.com/BISResearch