The global Esports market size reached $1.39 billion in 2022, according to a new report by GlobalData Plc. The adoption of Esports is supported by increasing popularity of mobile and PC gaming, high accessibility and inclusiveness, and the development of the mobile 5G connectivity.
Esports market outlook Report with detailed revenue stream segment analysis is available with GlobalData now! Download a FREE sample
Sponsorship from non-tech brands is helping esports teams open new revenue channels (e.g., Cloud9 offers team-branded apparel in partnership with Puma), while the involvement of globally recognized brands such as Coca- Cola (the official non-alcoholic beverage of Overwatch League) is legitimizing esports in the eyes of a wider audience.
Digital, which includes the sale of in-game items associated with team IP or signed player likenesses, will be the fastest-growing revenue stream by 2030. For instance, Tencent, in partnership with Chushou, is already developing advertising campaigns to enhance fan engagement in China, which most likely will follow an in-game monetization model. Other companies are likely to follow Tencent’s lead and develop mobile esports-focused in-game revenue models.
Learn about the Esports Market Dynamics by Viewing Report Sample Right Here!
Esports Market Report Highlights
- The global Esports market is projected to witness a CAGR of 16.7% from 2022 to 2030, reaching a value of $4.80 billion. A significant increase in demand for Esports is due to a rise in adoption of PC and mobile gaming, high accessibility, and inclusiveness, and increasing penetration of 5G connectivity.
- In 2022, the sponsorship segment captured a significant share with a market size projected to exceed US$ 2.5 billion by 2030 at a CAGR of more than 14% from 2022 to 2030.
- Multiplayer online battle arena games are expected to be the highest gaming genre category for the Esports market.
- COVID-19, over the last two years had a massive impact on Esports demand. Traditional sports clubs, including America’s NFL, NBA, NHL, and over 10 European football clubs, have entered esports in pursuit of new fans. In 2020, with most live sporting events canceled due to COVID-19, players from across the sporting world are taking to digital platforms to engage with fans. In this time of self-isolation, traditional sports are finding new fans through these online activities, while at the same time legitimizing esports in the eyes of the wider world.
- North America, followed by Asia-Pacific, captured over 60% of the overall Esports demand in 2022. The growing demand and implementation of 5G services will favor the proliferation of the Esports market in Asia Pacific.
- The key Esports market players analyzed in this report include Modern Times Group MTG AB, Tencent Holdings Ltd, Activision Blizzard Inc, Electronic Arts Inc, Valve Corporation, Nintendo Co Ltd, Sony Group Corp, Amazon.com Inc, Epic Games Inc., NVIDIA Corp, Meta Platforms Inc, HTC Corp, Alphabet Inc, Intel Corp, and Microsoft Corp., among others.
Unlock additional market dynamics impacting the Esports market growth by Requesting a Sample PDF
Global Esports Market Segments and Scope
GlobalData Plc has segmented the Global Esports market report by revenue stream, gaming genre, and region:
Global Esports market Revenue Stream Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021-2030)
- Media rights
- Tickets & merchandise
- Publisher fees
Global Esports market Gaming Genre Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021-2030)
- Multiplayer online Battle Arena
- Real-Time Strategy
- First-Person Shooter
- Battle Royale
Global Esports market Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021-2030)
- North America
- United States of America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South and Central America
- Rest of South and Central America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Looking for more segment-specific insights, grab your sample report copy right here!
- Gaming Market Analysis by Region, Platform, Gamer Type and Segment Forecast, 2022-2030
- Tech in Sports – Report Bundle
- Video Games – Thematic Research – Thematic Intelligence
GlobalData is a leading provider of data, analytics, and insights on the world’s largest industries. In an increasingly fast-moving, complex, and uncertain world, it has never been harder for organizations and decision-makers to predict and navigate the future. GlobalData’s mission is to help our clients to decode the future and profit from faster, more informed decisions. As a leading information services company, thousands of clients rely on us for trusted, timely, and actionable intelligence. Our solutions are designed to provide a daily edge to professionals within corporations, financial institutions, professional services, and government agencies.
Head of PR EMEA
+44 (0)207 936 6400
Media Contacts Mark Jephcott Head of PR EMEA mark.j[email protected] cc: [email protected] +44 (0)207 936 6400
Reportedtimes, PR-Wirein, iCN Internal Distribution, Extended Distribution, Research Newswire, English