Chromebooks are becoming increasingly popular with every passing day. They are efficient devices that run on ChromeOS. The problem is that most people who are used to working with Windows OS or iOS find it difficult to adjust to Chrome OS. In this blog, we will look in detail about how to delete photos on Chromebooks.
This is because the functionalities of ChromeOS are slightly different from the OS they are used to. Performing trivial functions like deleting photos on Chromebooks can become a difficult task in such scenarios. If you are in the same boat, then you have landed on the right page.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Delete Photos on Chromebooks
The first thing that you need to keep in mind before deciding to delete the desired photos on Chromebooks is the location of the file. It is important to ensure that the file is present in the folder from where it originated. Do not attempt to delete the file from the “Recent” folder. This is because your attempt to accomplish this task will fail and it will increase your frustrations ultimately. Here is how you can do that step-by-step:
- Open the Desktop of your Chromebook.
- Notice the arrow on the bottom of your screen, click on it.
- All files and folders will open up on the screen.
- Either search for the image on the search bar if you know the exact name of the image.
- If you do not know the name, there is no need to worry. You can easily go to the folder in which the image is saved. As mentioned above, do not open the Recent folder otherwise you will not be able to delete the photo.
- Once the folder is opened, look for the photo file.
- Select the file and right click.
- A drop down menu will open. It will have the option of Delete in the menu.
- Click on it.
- Lo and behold, you have successfully removed the photo from your Chromebook.
In order how to delete photos on Chromebooks, you can easily use a shortcut as well. All you have to do is press two keys on the keyboard and voila, your task is done for you. Here is how:
- Go to the folder that contains the photo file.
- Select the photo file.
- Press the ALT + backspace key.
- A pop-up will open asking to confirm the deletion process.
- Click on the delete option.
- Congratulations, you have successfully deleted the photo from your Chromebook.
File Manager App to Delete Files
There is an app in Chromebooks that is for the purpose of managing different files on the Chromebooks. In this folder, there will be many files that are Read-Only files. This file manager application allows you to perform several different functions on the files. For example, in some cases by right clicking on the file you can learn more about the location and placement of the file. However, the file manager app does not have the permission to delete the photo files or any other type of file from there. As discussed above, you can only remove the files permanently from the Chromebook if they are deleted from their original folder.
It is important to remember that once you delete a photo from your Chromebook, you will completely lose it. There is no other option to retrieve that photo. Unlike Windows OS or iOS, there is no trashcan folder from which you can retrieve the photo later on. This is why you have to be absolutely sure before making the final decision. It is commonly advised to save a backup of the photo in the Google Drive in case the need to use the photo arises once again.
The purpose of this blog is to answer how to delete photos on Chromebooks. From the discussion above, you must have understood that there is no rocket science involved in the process of deleting photos on a Chromebook. If you follow the steps mentioned in the guide above, you can easily perform the task of deleting photos on Chromebook by yourself.