The popularity of Chromebooks is increasing with every passing day. They are quite flexible in their usage as they can be utilized both as laptops and tablets, as per the need of the hour so question is how to delete downloads on Chromebooks . While they are quite easy to use for a new person, handling a Chromebook often becomes confused about its functionality. One such functionality is Deleting the Downloads.
The process of deleting downloads on a Chromebook may not be very different from other laptops. However, if you are confused about the matter then you have landed on the perfect platform. In this blog, we will discuss how to delete downloads on a Chromebook through several different methods.
Also Read: Can you use Chromecast on multiple TVs?
How to Delete Downloads on Chromebooks
You can utilize two different methods in order to complete the deletion of downloads on Chromebooks. The first method is quite elaborate. The one discussed next is actually very simple.
1. Removing a Download File without a Delete Button
This may sound rare or even impossible, but there are some scenarios in which there is no option to delete a particular file. You do not need to worry, in most cases, delete buttons are present in every application of the Chromebook but if for some reason it is not present, and then you can follow these steps to accomplish the task:
- Identify where the file is located originally. This means that you have to track it down to the original folder. Oftentimes, Chromebooks show you files in certain folders but they are actually located somewhere else.
- If the file traces back to another folder, then you must first move it to the original folder. Here is how to accomplish that:
- Single Click the name of the file that you wish to remove.
- Press the spacebar.
- A window will open up on the right side of the screen. This window shows all the required details about the file i.e. size, location, and more.
- Once the location is identified, go to that location.
- Make sure to go to the exact same folder location that is shown in the detail section of the window.
- The remaining steps to delete the file are discussed in the section below.
2. Removing a Download File with the Delete Option
This is the most straightforward method to delete any downloaded file. Use these steps to accomplish the task in just a few minutes:
- Click on the arrow in the center of Chromebook to open up an overview to all the available files.
- Open the folder of Files from these apps.
- From the File folder, select and open the folder of Downloads, situated on the right side of the screen.
- Click one time on the file that you want to delete (this means that you should not double click on it because in that case it will open the file).
- Now select and click on the button of the trash can on the right top.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen showing the message of whether you are sure about deleting the selected files.
- Click on the Delete button.
- After pressing this button, your file will be deleted from the Chromebook.
Follow the steps discussed above if you are looking for an accurate answer on how to delete downloads on Chromebook. They are easy to follow and described in a straightforward manner. Performing them once or twice will allow you to delete your files without acquiring any additional help from resources. It is important to remember that deleting a download is permanent; this means that if a file has been removed once, it cannot be recovered. You will have to download it again.
Moreover, sometimes a file may appear in different folders instead of the main Download folder. This is a way of sorting performed by the Chrome OS. There is no need to panic, the original location is the same but it may appear in another folder.
These are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about different functionalities of a Chromebook.