iCrowd Newswire – Jul 23, 2020
Hemodialysis Catheter Market size is forecast to reach $1.67 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Hemodialysis is a treatment to filter wastes and water from the blood, as the kidneys do when they were healthy. Hemodialysis helps control blood pressure and balance important minerals, such as potassium, sodium, and calcium, in the blood. The catheter used for hemodialysis is a tunneled catheter as it is placed under the skin. There are two types of tunneled catheters: cuffed or non-cuffed. Non-cuffed tunneled catheters are used for emergencies and for short periods (up to 3 weeks). Tunneled cuffed catheters is a type recommended by the NKF for temporary access. Growing prevalence of chronic kidney diseases owing to unhealthy lifestyle, increasing cases of fatalities owing to kidney problems and various technological innovations for the market products are driving the market growth in recent years. In addition, major developments of key players like Fresenius Medical Care (strategic collaboration) are other factors driving the growth of the market.
Request for Sample of the Report @ https://www.industryarc.com/pdfdownload.php?id=501832
Report Price: $ 4500 (Single User License)
Product Type – Segment Analysis
Cuffed Tunneled Catheters held the largest share in the product type segment of Hemodialysis Catheter Market in 2019 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.92% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Cuffed tunneled hemodialysis catheters have a number of advantages over non-cuffed non-tunneled catheters. Adoption of tunneled catchers has helped increase the demand of this segment. Modern cuffed tunneled catheters are made of silicone or polyurethane. Silicone is thermoset and thus the catheter is soft, whilst polyurethane is thermoplastic and softens at body temperature. This reduces endothelial damage and thrombogenicity. Incorporation of the cuff into surrounding tissue and the formation of a subcutaneous tunnel are thought to provide physical barriers to infection. Non-Cuffed Tunneled Catheters held the second largest share, owing to better stiffness than cuffed catheters and thus ideally selected as per vein to be cannulated, in addition to length of time they are left in a particular vein. Cuffed Tunneled Catheters is set to be the fastest growing segment and is estimated to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to major investments in technology and innovation for its products by key market players.
Material – Segment Analysis
Silicone segment holds the major share in the material segment of Hemodialysis Catheter Market in 2019. Silicone-based catheters are being used with a variety of antibiotic ointments. Both topical and intraluminal antibiotics reduce the rate of bacteremia as well as the need for catheter removal secondary to complications. Owing to the flexibility of these silicone temporary catheters they are inserted using a disposable trocar or a peel-away sheath substituting complexity for an increase in blood flow. Polyurethane segment is forecast to grow at the fastest rate with the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to their growing market demand for various advantages over silicone. Polyurethane has a higher tensile strength than silicone, hence it allows catheters to be constructed with a higher inner lumen to outer diameter size ratio and, consequently, higher flow rates in polyurethane catheters versus silicone catheters with the same outer diameter.
Geography – Segment Analysis
North America dominated the geography segment of Hemodialysis Catheter Market with a share of more than 41.6% in 2019, followed by Europe. Growing adoption of renal replacement therapies and increasing incidences of acute kidney injury and chronic kidney diseases has fuelled the market growth in this region. Presence of well-developed healthcare infrastructure, increasing renal care centers and presence of key market players in this region have further helped in the growth of Hemodialysis Catheter Market infrastructure. Europe held the second place in the geography segment share of the market, owing to increasing health awareness and technical advancements in renal replacement therapies.
However, Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to growth of healthcare sector in developing countries such as India and China, increasing cases of renal failure among the middle aged population and increasing government aids for technological development of hemodialysis catheters.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Drivers – Hemodialysis Catheter Market
- Growing prevalence of chronic kidney disorders
The overall prevalence of Chronic Kidney Disorders (CKD) in the general population is approximately 14 percent. High blood pressure and diabetes are the main causes of CKD. Almost half of individuals with CKD also have diabetes and/or self-reported cardiovascular disease (CVD). More than 661,000 Americans have kidney failure. The adjusted CKD stages 1–5 prevalence varied between 3.31% (95% confidence interval [95% CI], 3.30% to 3.33%) in Norway and 17.3% (95% CI, 16.5% to 18.1%) in northeast Germany. In view of rising prevalence of kidney disorders in these regions, the Hemodialysis Catheter Market is set to increase in the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Lesser availability of kidney donors for transplantation
A systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies estimating CKD prevalence in general populations worldwide found a consistent estimated global CKD prevalence of 11-13%. Since this is a large number, requirement of a kidney transplant is large, but the number of deceased donors has not risen to match the demand. The gap between potential recipients and organs available could be addressed either by listing fewer patients or by increasing the supply of donor organs. Limiting access is not acceptable since any change in this direction would affect well-established listing indications. The only alternative to this is hemodialysis catheters, and hence, this is poised to aid the market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – Hemodialysis Catheter Market
- Long term risks and side effects of hemodialysis
Long term risks of hemodialysis include two to threefold increased risk of death, a five to 10-fold increased risk of serious infection and increased hospitalization, among others. In addition, there are various side effects of hemodialysis catheters, which include low blood pressure (hypotension), muscle cramps, itching, sleeping problems and anemia. This produces complications and serious health problems in some cases. Hence, it is anticipated to hamper the market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- In October 2019, Asahi Kasei Medical acquired ViruSure Forschung und Entwicklung GmbH (ViruSure), an Austrian provider of biosafety testing services. The acquisition wass part of a strategic expansion and reinforcement of Asahi Kasei Medical’s bioprocess business. Consequently, it would also help in expanding the catheter training and business of Asahi.
- In June 2018, Fresenius Medical Care and Humacyte announced strategic global partnership supported by a $150M equity investment. This aimed at dialysis vascular access option with the potential for significant clinical efficacy and safety improvements, including the potential to minimize catheter contact time to the benefit of patients.
- In February 2016, Nipro Medical Corporation launched the Cronus™ HP 0.035″ OTW PTA Balloon Catheter in the U.S.
- North America dominated the Hemodialysis Catheter Market in the year 2019 owing to the presence of well-developed healthcare system, growing incidences of chronic kidney diseases among the geriatric population and proactive government initiatives to expedite the research activities related to Hemodialysis Catheter. The Hemodialysis Catheter Market scope for different regions will be provided in the final report.
- Rising kidney disorders among the aged population, increasing incidences of end stage renal diseases (ESRD) and lesser availability of kidney donors for transplantation have helped in significant growth of Hemodialysis Catheter Market. Rising geriatric population and development of intensive-care and portable Hemodialysis Catheter in upcoming years is estimated to drive the industry growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Hemodialysis Catheter Market report.
- Long term risks and side effects of hemodialysis is anticipated to hamper the market growth of the Hemodialysis Catheter Industry.
Hemodialysis Catheter Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Hemodialysis Catheter Market. In 2019, Hemodialysis Catheter Market share is consolidated by the top players present in the market. Hemodialysis Catheter Market top 10 companies are Allmed Medical Corp, Asahi Kasei Medical Co, Ltd, B. Braun Melsungen Ag, Baxter International Inc, Fresenius Se Co. Kgaa, Nikkiso Co Ltd, Nipro Medical Corporation, Nxstage Medical, Inc, Outset Medical, Inc and Toray Medical Co, Ltd among others.
A. Central Venous Catheter Market
B. Vascular Graft Market
About IndustryARC : IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications market research. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business. Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to [email protected] to discuss more about our consulting services.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (+1) 970-236-3677
Keywords: Hemodialysis Catheter Market, Hemodialysis Catheter Market size, Hemodialysis Catheter industry, Hemodialysis Catheter Market share, Hemodialysis Catheter top 10 companies, Hemodialysis Catheter Market report, Hemodialysis Catheter industry outlook