By Type- Segment Analysis
By Type the Fruit Sorting Equipment Market is segmented into automatic, double line and roller type. The automatic fruit sorting equipment is using automated programmable logic unit technology for fruit sorting process and it is witnessing a significant growth in the market. Automatic fruit sorting equipment are dominating owing to their consistency, uniformity and accuracy in the fruit sorting process. Increasing demand in the quality of different types of round fruits along with the relative affordable prices of the equipment have driven the growth of the automatic fruit sorting machines in the market. The sorting of fruits depending on the maturity level is done manually before packaging and transportation to the long distances using the automatic sorting machines widely owing to their accuracy of sorting fruits according to their quality and maturity level.
Application – Segment Analysis
By application the market is segmented into fruit processing, fruit juice processing, fruit packaging and others. Fruit processing is dominating over the others owing to the wide use of fruit sorting equipment in this sector and rise in demand for the quality and maturity of the fruits. In large factories use of the fruit sorting equipment reduces time and labour costs. The use of labour in fruit sorting increases the risk of inconsistency and inaccuracy in judgment as well. The fruit sorting machines have solved this problem in large fruit processing plants and owing to this they are widely used in the different fruit processing plants for sorting of fruits according to their weight.
Report Price: $ 4500 (Single User License)
Geography – Segment Analysis
Global Fruit Sorting Equipment Market is dominated by North America by a market share of 39.1% in 2019. North America is dominating the market owing to its rapidly growing health awareness, demand for high quality packaged fruits and rise in demand for fruit juices. Furthermore, increase in consumption of exotic fruits have also increased the demand for fruit sorting equipments owing to the rise in processing of these exotic fruits before reaching the market. In Addition, rise in the supermarkets and fruit markets have also increased the demand for high quality of fresh sorted fruits which in turn is driving the growth of the market.
Drivers – Fruit Sorting Equipment Market
Rising applications of machine vision and its implementation in various industries:
Automatic fruit sorting equipmentinvolve the implementation of the machine vision based techniques for sorting of fruits according to the maturity level. This technique found its applications in large fruit processing plants owing to its cost effectiveness and reduced labour costs for sorting purposes forarranging according to the weight and maturity level. Furthermore, owing to the rise in use of fruit sorting equipment, mangoes are judged not only according to their maturity level but also according to their firmness,color and weight..
Growth in consumption of well-packaged fruits along with rise in fruit juice consumption:
There is rise in consumption of well processed and packaged fruits along with the rise in consumption of juices which has led to the rise in fruit sorting equipment usage.These equipment are fast and consistent and canmeet the required market demands of the packaged and processed fruits sector. Furthermore, rise in demand and consumption of the well packed fresh fruits along with fresh graded and sorted fruits for juices has also driven the market globally.
Challenges – Fruit Sorting Equipment Market
High Cost associated with equipment:
The costs of the accessory equipment like compressed air providing facility, dust removal, washing systems and others cover the capital costs. The factories of fruit sorting and grading with less revenue generation annually, prefer labour instead of installing fruit sorting equipment. Furthermore, some additional costs are also related with the installing of the equipment like cost of additional sizing and conveying equipment which are hindering the market growth.Operation costs are also involved with the installation of the fruit sorting equipment. Spare parts inventory, repair and maintenance, power consumption are some of the operation costs that the factories have difficulty affording andutilize laborers for sorting process as an cheaper alternative option thereby hindering the growth of the market.
Service Technology launches, acquisitions, and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Fruits Sorting Equipments Market are given in this report. Fruits Sorting Equipments Market is dominated by major companies such as Jiangxi Reemon Technology Holdings Co. Ltd., Elifab Solutions, Crux Agribotics, Tomra Systems, Amisy Group, CFT S.P.A, Ellips, FUTURA SRL, Unitech S.P.A, Union Co. Ltd., and GREEFA among others.
• February 6, 2020- Jiangxi Reemon Technology Holdings Co. Ltd. launched Fruscan 4.2, a new generation sorting technology. With this product accuracy in sorting of fruits has increased based on their exterior blemishes.
• July 22, 2019- Elifab Solutions launched a new blueberry sorting machine named PMA, which can sort 45 blueberries within a second.
• June 9, 2019- Crux Agribotics launched an automated system named Sortipack for sorting and packing.
- Surge in adoption of new machine vision automated sorting technologies for fruit processing in various fruit processing plants are driving the growth of the market. Furthermore, Surge in the adoption of fruits sorting equipments in the agricultural processes for post-harvest operations such as pre-cooling of the produced fruits to remove field heat, post-harvest treatments and packaging of fruits are the factors projected to propel significant growth of the market..
- Fruit Processing has a wide application of fruit sorting equipment and it is witnessing a significant growth in the market owing to the rise in use of optical sorters, fruit grading machines and others for sorting purposes. The increasing use of fruit sorting equipments for fruit processing is due to the cost effectiveness and efficiency of the equipments which is boosting the market growth.
- North America is expected to dominate the global Fruit Sorting Equipments market owing to the rise in demand of the well packed and processed fruits due to the rising health concerns in this region.
Related Reports :
1. Valves, Actuators and Positioners Market
2. Automated Guided Vehicle Market
Keywords: Fruit Sorting Equipment market, Fruit Sorting Equipment market size, Fruit Sorting Equipment industry, Fruit Sorting Equipment market share, Fruit Sorting Equipment top 10 companies, Fruit Sorting Equipment market report, Fruit Sorting Equipment industry outlook