iCrowd Newswire – Jul 21, 2020
Etanercept Market size is forecast to reach $19.8 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 3.8% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Etanercept is a fully human recombinant molecule consisting of two soluble TNF receptor (p75) subunits fused to the Fc portion of human IgG1. It is sold under the brand name Enbrel among others, is a biopharmaceutical that treats autoimmune diseases by interfering with tumor necrosis factor (TNF, a soluble inflammatory cytokine) by acting as a TNF inhibitor. Growing prevalence of arthritis among the old age population, increasing frequencies of accidents and increasing investments of constant development of Etanercept Market products has resulted in a rise in demand of Etanercept across the globe. Etanercept Market Analysis is based on product type, application and geography.
Product Type – Segment Analysis
Benepali held the largest share in the product type segment of Etanercept Market in 2019 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 2.91% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Benepali, alone or in combination with methotrexate, has been shown to reduce the rate of progression of joint damage as measured by X-ray and to improve physical function. Benepali is found to have better efficiencies and quicker actions. Benepali in combination with methotrexate is indicated for the treatment of moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis in adults when the response to disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs, including methotrexate (unless contraindicated), has been inadequate, and is also given as monotherapy in case of intolerance to methotrexate or when continued treatment with methotrexate is inappropriate. Enbrel is set to be the fastest growing segment and will register the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to its favorable demand from customers and widening gap of its sale with other biosimilars in recent months.
Application – Segment Analysis
Rheumatoid Arthritis holds the major share in the application segment of Etanercept Market in 2019. Increasing prevalence of the arthritis and related diseases among the geriatric population, occurrence of biosimilars & biologics, and well developed and maintained authoritarian guidelines by governments have driven the growth of this segment in Etanercept Market. Psoriatic Arthritis segment is poised to dominate the market with the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to targeted action of increasing consumer demand for cost-effective medicines with improved safety and efficacy profiles.
Request for Sample of the Report @ https://www.industryarc.com/pdfdownload.php?id=501959
Report Price: $ 4500 (Single User License)
Geography – Segment Analysis
North America dominates the geography segment of Etanercept Market with a share of more than 36.71% in 2019, followed by Europe. Presence of key market players in this region and accessibility of modern treatment options have helped in the significant market growth in this region. Ageing population and the growing healthcare investments by government have also led to growing opportunities for this market. These factors have driven the market growth in this region.
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the fastest rate at a higher CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. Gradual rise in skilled physicians and high healthcare expenditure are factors that are anticipated to help in significant market growth.
Drivers – Etanercept Market
- Growing incidences of lifestyle diseases among the masses
Lifestyle diseases like hypertension, diabetes mellitus, dyslipidemia and obesity are the major risk factors for the development of cardiovascular diseases. With rapid economic development and increasing investments in healthcare in recent years, Etanercept Market is poised to see significant market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Big investments by companies for better healthcare
Cipla entered into a partnership in 2019 for the commercialization of key biosimilar in select emerging markets. This commercialization includes trastuzumab, bevacizumab, etanercept and pegfilgrastim. In November 2019, Samsung Biogen entered an agreement with Biogen which provides an option to extend the commercialization term for Samsung Bioepis’ three anti-TNF biosimilars – BENEPALI™ (etanercept), FLIXABI™ (infliximab), and IMRALDI™ (adalimumab) in Europe for additional five years. Regular market developments of these companies helps increase the growth of the market globally.
Challenges – Etanercept Market
- Lack of reimbursement policies
High out-of-pocket payments (OOPs) for medicines, including co-payments, create a risk of lower treatment adherence and lower medicine consumption; this has a negative impact on health and investment sector. Lack of robust reimbursement systems and policies is set to put restraint on the market in upcoming years.
Etanercept Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Etanercept Market. Etanercept Market revenue is primarily generated by manufacturing and distribution by the key market players. In 2019, Etanercept Market is consolidated by the top players present in the market. Etanercept Market top 10 companies are Pfizer, Takeda, Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline, Samsung Bioepis, Roche, Cipla, Novartis, Celltrion and Clover Biopharmaceuticals among others.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
- In July 2019, Cipla and Alvotech entered into a partnership for the commercialization of key biosimilar in select emerging markets. This commercialization includes trastuzumab, bevacizumab, etanercept and pegfilgrastim.
- In November 2019, Samsung Biogen entered an agreement with Biogen which provides an option to extend the commercialization term for Samsung Bioepis’ three anti-TNF biosimilars – BENEPALI™ (etanercept), FLIXABI™ (infliximab), and IMRALDI™ (adalimumab) in Europe for additional five years.
- In December 2019, Clover Biopharmaceuticals announced that the first patient was dosed in a Phase III trial of SCB-808, a proposed biosimilar to Enbrel (Etanercept) being developed in the prefilled syringe formulation for the treatment of rheumatic diseases, including ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- North America dominated the Etanercept Market in the year 2019 owing to favorable reimbursement scenario, acceptance of advanced techniques, and technologically advanced health care system. The Etanercept Market scope for different regions will be provided in the final report.
- Growing incidences of lifestyle diseases among the masses, big investments by countries for better healthcare and major launches of products of Etanercept have helped in significant growth of Etanercept Market.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Etanercept Market Research report.
- Lack of reimbursement policies in major market regions is anticipated to hamper the market growth of the Etanercept Industry.
Related Reports :
- Biomedical Sensor Market
- Genomics Market:
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications market research. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business. Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to [email protected] to discuss more about our consulting services.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (+1) 970-236-3677
Keywords: Etanercept market, Etanercept market size, Etanercept industry, Etanercept market share, Etanercept top 10 companies, Etanercept market report, Etanercept industry outlook