By Interface- Segment Analysis
During the forecast period theSerial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA)segment is expected to grow at a CAGR7.0%.The wide demand for solid state drive interface SATA is largely due to low-cost interface design. The SATA interface also provides lower cable size and cost, faster data transfer through higher signaling rates and more efficient transmission through an I/O queuing protocol, lower cable size and cost, faster data transfer through higher signaling levels and more effective transmission through an I/O queuing protocol.With SATA SSD, capable of working with any desktop or laptop computer, even if that computer is a decade old,such SATA characteristics are expected to fuel solid state drive market growth.
By Technology – Segment Analysis
The Triple-Level Cell(TLC) is expected to grow at a higher CAGR of8.3% during the forecast period.Along with high storage capacity, TLC provides the cheap solutions, This leads to rising TLC solid state drive being implemented in consumer applications such as notebooks, tablets and others.TLC solid state drive registered as the top-selling consumer-grade product on the solid state drive customer market, particularly for the application segment of desktop PCs. TLC solid state drivers offers and delivers high storage capacity which is mainly used in consumer-grade goods and this is expected to boost the market growth solid state drive.
Report Price: $ 4500 (Single User License)
By Geography – Segment Analysis
North America currently dominates the global Enterprise Solid State Drive market with a share of more than 39%. Leading companies in North America offer the most advanced SSDs to different sectors as specialized storage solutions. In order to gain a competitive advantage and increase their company efficiency, businesses in America are increasing their spending on IT infrastructure. Therefore, the use of SSDs in IT infrastructure systems has been promoted strongly to save time, speed up data transfer and achieve high level performance.Furthermore, conventional hard disk drive replacement rates with solid state drive are high in North America.Development of 5G technology is projected to lead to consumer demand in the United States and Canada. The Spectrum Frontiers Order of the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) has paved the foundations for the implementation of 5G technology in the United States by end 2020. Consequently, most small and large businesses and cloud storage firms in the US are accelerating the transition from hard disk drives (HDDs) to solid-state drives (SSDs) to be ready for 5G and this will help in the growth of solid state drive market.
Drivers – Enterprise Solid State Drive Market
Increasing High-End Cloud Computing
Cloud computing is now one of the popular choices for businesses and consumers to back up their data and archive it. For the growing number of cloud services from the conventional corporate private to modern public clouds to home personal clouds, demand for SSDs has been rapidly increasing.Technical advances in solid state storage have created new interfaces for SSDs. Improved features such as high speed and fast access to data encourage cloud computing to implement PCI SSDs and hence increased cloud computing will help to boost the market growth of solid state drive market.
Digitalization of day to day activities
Increasing internet penetration, rising online shopping, digitizing day-to-day activities and increasing media data transmission volume are expected to drive the market. Due to the popularity of smartphones and tablets, the average storage capacity of the household as well as enterprise is expected to increase in the coming years, which has allowed consumers to generate large volumes of digital data and content.Increasing image and movie resolution has also led to the creation of large amounts of digital data and content. It has driven the growing market demand for solid state drive.
Challenges – Enterprise Solid State Drive Market
Solid State drives are attracting popularity among people at the same period the growing mandate comes with high demands for a variety of features and functionalities. Manufacturers in this solid-state storage industry face a challenge in terms of design considerations in order to fulfill the demands.The challenges related to solid state drive design are associated with various parameters such as efficiency, reliability, endurance, protection and flexibility and are expected to hinder the growth of solid state drive on the market
Technology launches, acquisitions, and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in Enterprise Solid State DriveMarket. Enterprise Solid State Drive Market is expected to be dominated by major companies such asSamsung, Intel, Western Digital, Micron, Toshiba, Kingston, Lite-On, Seagate, SK hynix, Microsemi, Viking.
• In April 2019,Intel introduced Intel Optane H10 memory with solid-state storage that blends Intel Optane technology’s responsiveness with Intel Quad Level Cell (QLC) 3D NAND technology storage capability in an M.2 form factor.
• In March 2019, Western Digital is accelerating the NVMe value-PC storage transformation by introducing an NVMe model to its WD Blue Solid State Drive (SSD) portfolio, the WD Blue SN500 NVMe SSD. The new SSD provides three times the efficiency of its SATA equivalent while retaining the reliability of the WD Blue line of products.
• With the increasing amountof big data generated by IoT devices and enterprise applications, the value of faster storage has become paramount, leading to the production of mega-sized SSDs and increased research on production of larger SSDs at a lower cost.
• The strong demand for SATA solid state drive interface is due largely to low-cost interface design. The SATA interface also offers lower cable size and cost, faster data transfer through higher signaling rates and expected to boost the market.
• TLC solid state drive delivers high storage capacity that is primarily used in consumer-grade goods and this is expected to boost solid state drive market growth.
• North America is expected to dominate the enterprise solid state drive market because of growing demand for advanced computing systems, cloud computing adoption and proliferation of big data analytics.
• The increasing number of cloud services ranging from traditional private enterprise to modern public clouds to home personal clouds has increased rapidly resulting in more demand for enterprise solid state drives.
Related Reports :
1. Solid State Drive Market
2. Solid State Relay Market
Keywords: Enterprise Solid State Drive market, Enterprise Solid State Drive market size, Enterprise Solid State Drive industry, Enterprise Solid State Drive market share, Enterprise Solid State Drive top 10 companies, Enterprise Solid State Drive market report, Enterprise Solid State Drive industry outlook