Product Type – Segment Analysis
Software held the major share of 41.05% in 2019 owing to introduction of various data software platforms by players such as Microsoft, Oracle, IBM and others. Vendors are focusing on introduction of software platforms for self-service data ingest and data preparation with integrated metadata management, governance, and security. Adoption of some of the major software platforms such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Stream, Amazon Kinesis, Google Cloud Data Flow and others is poised to drive the market.
Application – Segment Analysis
Cloud sector is the fastest growing segment in Enterprise Data Lake market and estimated to grow at a CAGR of 12.45% during forecast period 2020-2025. Most of the vendors focus on offering cloud based data lake solutions in order to maximize profits and automate the equipment maintenance process effectively. The adoption of cloud based has become feasible for all companies owing to its benefits such as cost effectiveness, easy maintenance of the generated data, capacity, data security and auto scaling. This provides opportunities for cloud based enterprise data lakes during forecast period.
Report Price: $ 4500 (Single User License)
Geography- Segment Analysis
North America dominated the Enterprise Data Lake market in 2019 with a market share of 34.96%, followed by Europe and APAC owing to the early adoption of advanced technologies. Additionally, the presence of majority of Enterprise Data Lake vendors such as Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, and IBM Corporation are headquartered at U.S. and this increases the market growth. This is attributed to increasing volumes and importance of data in an organization. High investments in adoption of data lakes set to drive the market in this region.
Drivers –Enterprise Data Lake Market
- Increasing adoption of data lakes in medium and large enterprises
As medium and large enterprises involve in high investments in adoption of technologies and security, there has been growing demand date lakes which set to increase the market growth. In enterprises, data lakes eliminate the need for data modeling at the time of ingestion. Data lakes has strong versatility as it can store multi structured data from diverse sources. For instance, it can store logs, XML, sensor data, binary, social data, multimedia and others. This poised to drive the market.
- Advancements in Technology
Adoption of Internet of Things in large enterprises has been fueling the market growth. As IoT deals with connected objects which generate huge volumes of data, there is high demand for data lakes in enterprises. Enterprises are deploying solutions such as Hadoop-based big data platforms and stream processing to build and maintain data lakes. Usually, data obtained from IoT devices has to be transformed, standardized and blended before it is ready for analysis. This process is slow and expensive and can translate into missed business opportunities. This has led to the simplification of the process by building a data lake that is flexible, fast, secure and cost-efficient. This set to drive the market.
Challenges – Enterprise Data Lake Market
- Installing a Data Lake on-Premises
Installing a data lake solution on premises is much more complex when compared to cloud as spinning of data in the cloud is easy. As data lake often comes with a new set of tools and services that need to be understood. Additionally, this requires additional investment, either for recruiting to get the right team members or doing internal professional development to understand those new tools. Lack of skilled professionals hampers the growth of the enterprise Data Lake market.
Acquisitions, and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Enterprise Data Lake market. Enterprise Data Lake top 10 companies include Microsoft Corporation, SAP SE, Oracle Corporation, SAS Institute Inc, Informatica Corporation, Cloudwick Inc, Snowflake Computing Inc, Zaloni Inc, Podium Data Inc, IBM Corporation and others.
- In March 2018, Microsoft Corporation had launched its Azure data lake in western European region. Azure Data Lake Store is a hyper-scale enterprise Data Lake in the cloud that is secure, hugely scalable, and built to the open HDFS standard. Introduction in various regions set to increase the enterprise data market share.
- In October 2019, SAP has planned to launch Data Lake for end user analytics. It can be used by enterprises in order to support decision making and analytical workloads. This is poised to increase the Company’s Data Lake market share.
- North America dominated the Enterprise Data Lake market in term of revenue in 2019 owing to the early adoption of advanced technologies and presence of major number of players.
- Adoption of IoT technology has been pushing the Enterprise Data Lake industry with as connected sensors generate huge data which requires data lakes.
- Deployment of cloud based data lake solution owing to its increased data security and cost efficiency enhancing the market growth.
- High initial investment and deployment of on premise enterprise data-lake is a major challenge for data security which hampers the market growth.
Related Reports :
1. Big Data Enterprise Market
2. Cloud Integration Market
Keywords: Enterprise Data Lake market, Enterprise Data Lake market size, Enterprise Data Lake industry, Enterprise Data Lake market share, Enterprise Data Lake top 10 companies, Enterprise Data Lake market report, Enterprise Data Lake industry outlook