- Pomeranian- Pomeranians happen to be one of the smallest breeds to exist and they have an incredible capacity to entertain humans. Weighing about 3-7 pounds, this breed has a life span of about 12-16 years
- Maltese- This breed has a life expectancy of about 12-15 years and weighs approximately 7 pounds, and is known for its ability to get trained quickly.
- Toy Poodle- A woman’s favorite through history, this dog is among the tiniest dogs and also has a life expectancy of about 12-15 years.
- Lhasa Apso- This breed is not only knowing for being adorable for their fur lengths, but also for being brilliant at most dog shows that take place. The life expectancy remains at 12-15 years for this breed as well.
- Dachshund- This breed is usually not the friendliest when it comes to strangers, but is extremely loyal to its owner. This breed also has the life expectancy of 12-15 years and weighs about 16-32 pounds.
- Golden Retriever- One of the most common breeds that most households have are golden retrievers, and usually grow till 100 pounds and have a life expectancy of 16 years in most cases.
There are very few people on this planet who do not enjoy the company of animals, and most importantly the company of dogs and humans together is one of the warmest sights that one can come across. Dogs have always been known as man’s best friend and they never fail to live up to their name. Once a dog enters your life, it is evident that the dog will instantly become your family and best friend. There have been constant videography of how dogs understand human emotions and there are evidences all over the internet on how dogs have stopped their owners from committing suicide. Dogs are also capable of understanding when their owner is sad and will provide every warmth and comfort that any human will fail to provide. However, before getting a dog, one of the most common thoughts that come to someone’s mind is, ‘how long will my dog live?’. It is yet again a known factor that life and death are part of every living being’s existence, but to curb that and extending life expectancy is always what everyone wishes for. Knowing that dogs easily become a household best friend, their demise comes as nothing short of heartbreak. Hence, to lighten that fear and anxiety of losing your best friend, and to whom a dog comes as nothing short of their own child, it is an absolute need to know which breed of dog can curb this unending fear for yourself. List of Dogs that have a long life span We understand the anxiety surrounding the life span of your dog and how much it can be grieving. Hence for your convenience, we have listed down the dogs which have a long life span and according to your convenience you can choose the longest living dog that will suit you and your lifestyle.