Jul 1, 2020 2:30 PM ET
iCrowd Newswire – Jul 1, 2020
Author: Ram Prasad Modalavalasa
SOURCE: Falcn Lab
Currently, businesses are looking into investing in high quality software development companies accompanied by low costs. Businesses find these vendors located in Eastern Countries such as India that is reserved with low development costs of around $25 – $80/hour. The range is slightly lower compared with Western Nations that charges around $100 – $350/hour.
Whether your app will take a cost $25 per hour or $350 per hour, it will depend on a few factors. Let’s have a look into them listed below.
How to estimate and calculate the mobile app development cost
App development costs can be determined by calculating the number of hours a mobile app development company is spending time into and features that are created as part of the final product.
Determine the exact cost for developing and maintaining a mobile app
App Idea Identification
Before any mobile application development company prepares to come on-board for developing a mobile app, a rough cost structure is shared with clients. The idea is properly analyzed and accompanied with detailed research, mobile app development solutions that will be designed and architected. Initial funding and capitalization are also being considered.
We at Falcn Lab offers the best standards for validating an app idea. We infuse the design sprint parameters, to measure the respective interest zones, and to begin looking at the most key aspects of your app idea.
We process key modules at this stage. We analyze all of the devices that the user would like to create their app on so the users will have a seamless experience. In-depth research also includes competitor and market analysis as well.
Several factors such as App features, size, and UI/UX design depends on which geographical location the user is. This helps mobile app development company’s breakdown the cost in an appropriate way.
Funding and Capitalization
This is similar to your business fundamentals. Just as your businesses are weighed on the basis of its market value, same goes with the app idea as well. All of the details regarding the idea are being fetched from the market and according to the worth of the idea is charted. Accordingly, the funding is calculated that can be drawn from the app and the features are also outlined that can aid in making the app all the way better and distinctive from the competitor.
The estimated time that is consumed in App Discovery is between 40 – 80 hours.
The scope of the app focuses directly on what the app can do and how it can help users to accomplish their task. All the features and technological requirements are finalized.
The complexity of the app is directly proportional to the features of the app. The number of features can impact the complexity but we have listed the most important ones.
- Architecture Model Development – Backend development helps users to leverage the solutions that they seek to avail. When we talk in the perspective of Backend development, two options can be considered here –Custom and BaaS. In Custom, clients can get the backend architecture as they required while in BaaS, readymade and customized backend architecture is delivered
- Admin Panel Development – This can be said as the most crucial part of the app that helps in It managing the app, tracking the processing and activity, view stats, and provides an update to content without involving developers
- Third Party association – Needless to say, your app is required to interact with the functionality of other apps for easing down its own processes. For instance, your app can use Google login for signing into your LinkedIn account for making the overall login process smoother.
- Device’s Hardware analysis – The modern range of mobile app development solutions is inclusive of the number of advanced features such as Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, etc. These solutions when linked with the app, helps in multiplying the app efficacy plus attracts the user base as well.
- Now, when we move towards app complexity, it becomes more denser as the number of features increases. A mobile application development company hikes the cost as the complexity of the app increase. Find out the below cost breakdown structure.
- Simple Mobile Apps – These apps can be defined as the ones with basic features require only necessary and standard UI components are loaded with a very simple backend and are developed in the form of the pre-defined templates with basic comprehending features.
Time spent for developing a simple mobile app is roughly around 600 – 900 hours.
- Medium Level Apps – These apps can be defined as the ones that are developed with API integration, custom UI/UX design, real-time communication, and a robust backend.
Time spent for developing a medium level mobile app is 900 – 1600 hours.
- Complex Apps – These apps can be defined as the ones that are loaded with high functionalities, sophisticated animation standards, real-time synchronization, and complicated backend and are encompassed with sophisticated database queries and relationships.
Time spent for developing a complex mobile app is more than 1600 hours.
The various app categories
How to determine the cost of developing a mobile app? Well, the answer is quite tedious as it differs on the basis of the app category. While switching from any of the app categories, the whole of the scenario changes users, features, cost, security standards and everything that is associated with the app development.
- Concrete Apps – These apps do not require any external support to run and are not dependent on any device features. They are encompassed with low data consumption and development cost is a true win-win scenario for both – the users and the business.
Minimalistic features independent apps cost somewhere around 600 – 900 hours
- Social Networking Apps – Social networking apps are the pool of features such as real-time sync, location-based solution, and others. These types of apps must be highly capable as they are required to store plentiful media files and must be able to link with a camera and other media-based files. Developing Social Networking Apps such as Instagram or Happen takes around 1800 – 2500 hours
- E-commerce Mobile Apps – Online retail is growing at an unstoppable pace with the rise of people and competition around the globe. So, the task here is to develop a mobile app that can replace the brick and mortar stores. E-commerce apps are designed in such a way that they perform on a real-time basis and cater abundance of the people at the same time. Thus, for developing such types of apps, all you need is a strong backend that can deal with the plentiful of people at the same time. All the updates and maintenance activities are also considered while developing such apps. API integration is also a major part of E-commece mobile development. Developing E-commerce Apps such as Alibaba or eBay cost can consume around 2000 or above hours
- On-Demand Apps – On-demand apps are creating a lot of buzz amongst current businesses. They target three categories of people at the same time- the user, the person that is attuned to deliver your service, and the business. The UI and the app architectural flow are completely different for On-demand apps and thus, the developmental cost is high for such types of apps.
Reason being they are loaded with complicated features such as in-app payment and communication, real-time sync and tracking, rating/review support accompanied by the push notifications and other features.
Certainly, a Mobile application company will charge a handsome amount for developing On-demand mobile apps as they are developed into three segments and with different features.
Developing On-Demand Apps like GrubHub or Uber takes around 2000 or more hours
Hardware Mobile Apps
IoT based mobile apps are accompanied via minimal interactions and are operated with the firmware that is programmed for controlling the hardware. However, all the interconnected devices require appropriate collaboration with the hardware and must allow the users to seamlessly receive the data and to fetch an action instantly.
App Design and Development
App Design plays an important role in determining the cost of an app. If you are looking for great user experience, app design is the key. While charting a customized design for an app, a mobile development company looks out for two options. Custom development or Standard UI development.
Customized UI is difficult to design and to implement than Standard UI, thus making the latter more expensive.
All the crucial features and design standards are building through Wireframing. They are being developed by and using tools and programs such as Balsamiq, Photoshop, and MARVEL. Each and every wireframe is processed only after it has received an approved from the client.
UI /UX Design
For all the apps (Android or iOS) that we develop at Falcn Lab, we infuse designs for delivering the essence of creativity, simplicity, and elegance in our Mobile App Designs.
Animation plays an inseparable part in some apps such as gaming or social media apps like Snapchat. The whole of design and coding that is being used to build animation can be counted as a complicated process, thus augmenting the overall app design cost.
The app design cost differs for each of the apps depending on the features that are being infused. For developing a simple app can take around 150 hours and a complex one can take around 400 hours.
How much does it cost to create an app? Well, the question can be directly answered by the OS versions and the app platform you are selecting.
Native App development (Android & iOS)
As a top Mobile application company, we believe that there is a very slight difference between building iOS and Android-based apps. The cost for the Android Apps tends to escalate, as the number of attached devices increases. Well, iOS is free from any such scenario of dealing with different OS versions. For iOS development, Swift or Objective C is used while for Android uses Kotlin and Java.
Web App development
Apps that under the category of Progressive Web Apps and Web Apps tend to deliver much more high performance with a cost-efficient structure when compared with native apps.
The cost of developing a Web App cost around $15,000 to $ 30,000.
Cross-Platform App Development
Cross-platform application development can be defined as developing both iOS and Android-based apps simultaneously. Your app will work for both the iOS and Android devices and will be developed with a single code structure. It consumes less development cost. Currently, two of the major platforms that are being used cross-platform application development are Flutter and React Native.
Flutter is a new name in the market and is equipped with its privileged set of advantages when it comes to delivering a complete Native experience to your cross-platform apps and is reserved with full and detailed documentation.
Since the platform is new, therefore, there’s not enough Dart programmers in the market, and the cost structure for Flutter App Development is much higher.
Cost of developing Flutter app ranges between $15,000 to $40,000
React Native Based Development
React Native app development is the first name that strikes one’s mind when we talk about cross-platform app development. This framework is widely used for presenting Android and iOS apps correctly in the layout. If we talk in the context of cost, React native app development is much more cost-effective when compared with the native app development and flutter app development.
Cost of developing a React Native App Development ranges between $15,000 to $50,000
Hybrid Mobile App development
Hybrid Apps can be said as the composition of both Native and Web App. When deployed as a native app, it can run in a web view component.
In the case of Hybrid mobile app development, three frameworks are widely used: PhoneGap, Ionic, and Sencha Touch. However, Hybrid apps stand quite behind on the grounds of performance when compared with the cross-platform app development, react native app development and flutter app development.
These are mostly preferred by businesses because the cost of developing these apps are much lower compared with other app development frameworks.
Blockchain App Development
Blockchain app development is one of the biggest trends surrounding that is sweeping the industries across the globe. The lack of knowledge and Blockchain app developers are the only reasons that increase the overall cost for the blockchain app development.
Mainly two types of platforms are used in the niche of Blockchain App Development Platforms, there Permission based and Public. In Permission based model, Blockchain app development reaches a higher level of cost when compared with Public as security consideration is given very high priority.
Cost of developing a Blockchain App Development Cost lies between $30,000 to $180,000.
App Deployment and Publishing
Well, once the idea is formulated and the app is developed after so many efforts, it is being processed for publishing to the Google’s Play Store and the Apple Store. The app must adhere to the guidelines of the platform on which the app will be deployed. There are several instances of when an app gets rejected and is not processed further due to some violations to the guidelines.
Thus, as a reputed mobile application company, we make sure that your app meets the regulations and guidelines.
When submitting an Android App onto the Google’s Play Store, the user is required to pay a one-time fee of $25. The Apple Store charges $99 per year, for launching an App into the App Store.
App Maintenance and Support
App maintenance is a crucial activity, in case you are looking forward to coming up with the evolving user requirements, market trends, and frequent OS updates.
The complete user experience scenario and the features are mapped via wireframing. Tools such as Balsamiq, Photoshop, and MARVEL are used to build the UI of the app. Once the client approves the UI, we will develop the final version of the app.
If the client has its own readymade wireframe, we exclude it from the overall cost of mobile app development.
Developing a mobile app, errors and issues are usually come up. In some cases, the issues are unraveled after the app is published. Let us know which issues you come across and we will be happy to resolve them.
App designs are a crucial part of the mobile app that brings great user experience.
If the design is out of date, remember to revamp and redesign with modern user experiences to retain users.
App Maintenance Cost is usually around 20% of the actual development cost.
Code reusability is the most important element in determining the overall cost of mobile app development. If businesses already have an app ready along with the source code and only need minor updates, the costs of development drop significantly. However, at Falcn Lab, we suggest businesses to use only the basic components of your source code such as Contact us, Login, etc and the rest we suggest to redevelop the app.
The Development Team
Depending on the conditions, whether you look for a mobile app development company, or hire mobile app developer, the cost of development varies.
If you hire an app developer or a new start-up company for developing the app, it would certainly charge you less, but in case of you decide to invest in some large-scale company working with a huge number of employees, it would certainly charge you higher.
Depending on the team you are selecting, the price for developing the app rises up. Hire an app developer for working on the projects in case you are looking for development of basic apps.
In a big mobile software development company, the team would usually consist of:
Technology Experts and professionals (Blockchain, React Native, Flutter, AI, IoT)
Business and Sales Analyst
Apps that are developed by reputed mobile software Development Company imbibed with a team of 3000+ experts cost around $450,000 to $1,500,000
Apps that are developed by medium level mobile App Development Companies, like Falcn Lab, would cost around $25,000 to $200,000
Apps that are developed by Freelancers, costs around $2000 to $25,000
The above cost structure is being developed by keeping in mind the mid-level mobile app development.
The geographical location matters a lot in determining the cost of app development. There is a huge change in the cost when we move from the West to the East. The hourly cost of development changes drastically.
North America – $110-$170
South America – $20-$70
Russia – $30-$50
Asia – $15-$50
Australia & Europe – $70-$100
How Falcn Lab calculates the cost of your app development?
As an innovative mobile application development company, we analyze and ideate your app in just the right way. We accumulate all the understanding of the mobile app development services and mobile app development solutions that you seek to build. As per the expectations, we chart an estimate containing the number of hours that are required for completing the project. All the technological standards and the team is deployed during the project allocation itself.
Next, once the estimate is approved by the client, we break down the cost structure on the basis of scope of work, mobile development solutions and followed by developing a framework and aligning all the project related parameters. We lay complete paradigms for mobile app development, mobile development solutions, deployment and maintenance that are all in one our fixed price. So, this is the exact answer to question how we calculate the cost of our mobile app development and your mobile app
Keywords: Web Development, Web Developers, Software Developers, Software Development, Mobile App Development, Mobile App Developers, IOS Developers, IOS Development, User Experience, UX Design, Android Developers, Android Development