MADISON, Wis– BioForward Wisconsin is hosting the Wisconsin Biohealth Summit, on October 12, 2022, at the majestic Overture Center for the Arts, celebrating the Wisconsin biohealth industry as it continues to lead the way in addressing current and future health challenges.
The annual Wisconsin Biohealth Summit is one of the largest biohealth events in the Midwest. This year’s theme, “Leading the Way Forward: Addressing Future Challenges Today,” will feature sessions including:
- From Investment to Continued Success: Utilizing Strategic Resources to Build Lasting Value in Growth Companies. Case Study- The Aldevron Story, featuring Ethan Liebermann, Managing Director of TA Associates
- Therapies & Theranostics in Medical Imaging, including speakers SHINE Technologies, GE Healthcare, Accuray, UW-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health, and Voximetry
- Examining the Economic Impact of Wisconsin’s Biohealth Industry, with speakers from Gilson, Millipore Sigma, Leo Cancer Care, Broadwing Advisors, and Chartwell Agency
- It Takes a Village: Perspectives on the Biologic/Novel Modality Drug Development Journey, with speakers from Cytiva, Labcorp, and Catalent
- Emerging Growth Company Presentations, with leaders from InvivoSciences, RedFox AI, Me, Ayrflo, and Agulos Biotech
- Embracing Diversity & Inclusion Through Action and Operations to Create a Sustainable Environment of Belonging, featuring Veronica Sandoval, Principal of Patient Inclusion and Health Equity from Genentech, and Trish Peña, Director of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Community Outreach, Versiti
Additionally, BioForward is excited to continue inviting local students and postdocs from around Wisconsin to flex their communication muscles in the Second Annual Biohealth Communications Competition. BioForward knows that not only is there incredible research going on throughout Wisconsin, but also dynamic and inspiring students ready to discuss their transformational work.
BioForward will also honor the 2022 Wisconsin Biohealth Award winners: Dr. James Cook—Hector F. DeLuca Scientific Achievement Award; Dr. Nancy Kendrick—Wisconsin Biohealth Business Achievement Award.
“BioForward Wisconsin is thrilled at the exciting line-up of top-notch speakers and interesting topics that we are including in this year’s event,” said Lisa Johnson, CEO of BioForward. “The Wisconsin biohealth industry continues to step up to every challenge and the passion, ingenuity, and vision of our companies are at the forefront of major medical advances in treating diseases and improving health outcomes. They inspire me every day. I sincerely hope that our conference this year, in turn, inspires them and leaves them energized to do even more in the coming year!”
Wisconsin Biohealth Summit sponsors include Hausmann Group, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation, JP Cullen, Kraemer Brothers, Luminex, CZ Strategy, Excelsior Labs, Genentech, UW-Madison Master of Science in Biotechnology Program, Strang, Madison Environmental Resourcing Inc., UW-Extension Master of Science in Applied Biotechnology, Commissioning Agents Inc, Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Ideal Builders, Fisher Scientific, Aldevron, Catalent, Exact Sciences, GE Healthcare, Illumina, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, MilliporeSigma, Morgridge Institute for Research, Promega, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, Abbvie, Alliant Energy, Aurora Health Care, Cellular Dynamics, Eurofins, Findorff, Isthmus Project, Kerry, Labcorp, PhRMA, PPD, Teramedica, University Research Park, and Yahara Software.
To learn more about BioForward’s annual Wisconsin Biohealth Summit, visit the Summit website here.
BioForward Wisconsin is the collective voice of Wisconsin’s robust and comprehensive biohealth cluster, representing more than 220 member organizations across an integrated network of health solution leaders, including research institutions, biotech and biopharma, digital health, medical device and diagnostics, and healthcare institutions. It is an action-oriented association that focuses on initiatives to strengthen the state’s talent pipeline; collaborations to develop supply chain partnerships; educational and networking events to enhance professional development; and legislative advocacy to highlight the economic and social impact of the biohealth industry on the state, nation, and world. Learn more about BioForward Wisconsin at www.bioforward.org.
Email: [email protected]